driving and abandoning books


If you put each person's quirky habits on a Venn diagram, would it look like this?

I abandon books rather quickly. Right now, there are about three books that are on the edge for different reasons. Do I have a short attention span?

My driving habits don't fit for someone with SAS (short attention span). I like to pick a lane and a spot (behind a truck) and stay there. I could drive all the way to South America in the same lane, if it were possible. Is it?

Oh, shit. I just read on Facebook that today is Meatless Monday and I just finished putting the biggest meatloaf ever (stuffed with provolone and prosciutto ham) into the oven. It's made from real beef from real cows out by LeCenter so maybe that gives me a few points. Sometimes too much information is too much information, right?

I woke up early and worked out with Rachel. She had me doing some sadistic exercise where I had to drag my whole body across the studio floor with my hands. Am I too old for this?


This is not me. I don't know who this woman is...I just grabbed her picture off the internets so don't write me and complain about it. It looks to me like she's trying to crawl over to that bar which might be a good idea. I think I'll suggest that next time.

I worked all morning on stuff I have been putting on a list of things to do and then forgetting about anyway. Then I tried to take a nap but the wind and the heat are disturbing. My neighbors daffodils came up almost overnight and now they're already almost dead. They lived three days tops. What the hell. Last year, my daffodils lasted almost a month. It was cool and wet, if you recall.

Regis is in the other room watching The Walking Dead. I don't have much of an interest in zombies. Or futuristic things. He asked me if I wanted to go see The Hunger Games. I asked what it was about and I really only wanted a one sentence answer like this: It's about a group of people in the future. I would have said nah, I don't want to see that. I have as narrow a menu of movies that I like as books. No violence, no murder, no mayhem, no futuristic stuff. I like reality and not much of it. Ha!

My cousin is in Florida visiting friends. She sent me a picture of a woman is going to be 104 on Saturday. I won't publish the picture because that might violate her privacy but I will tell you she is gorgeous, dressed in lively colors and a big hat. After she posed for a few pics, she asked Deb to take a picture of a hot guy by the pool in swim trunks. That is some spirit!

I just rediscovered Mark Knopfler. I have several of his CDs but they are buried in a box somewhere I can't find them. I have uploaded a lot of music to the cloud, whatever that means, so I found them there. Thank God for the cloud, whatever that is. Check out this Dilbert cartoon if you have wondered the same thing.

Does anybody else think the birds sound crazy? My theory is that it's early spring so the trees of full of those creepy birds like grackles, starlings, and red winged blackbirds. Usually, it's colder so we have the windows closed but with the weather so unseasonably warm, the doors and windows are open and it sounds like a bird revolution. The grackle is some bad ass bird. This one is giving the evil eye.


Don't make eye contact if you see them outside!

Comments

Amanda said…
After I dropped Callum off at school, I found two black birds standing on top of my car. It was a little creepy. Also, give The Hunger Games books, if not the movie, a chance. Easily some of the best books I've ever read.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff