middle of the night

In the middle of the night, Regis shouts, "Wake up! Somebody's coming to the door!" I gasp and sit up because I see a flashing light. I look toward the curtained window and see zombies. I realize the light is my cell phone and that Regis is dreaming. With a pounding heart, I spend the next hour waiting for the Ambien to take effect and writing this sentence in my head.

I had my annual check-up with my head doctor yesterday. She's retiring the end of the month so unless I feel myself really whacking out, I'll move on without her. She has helped me sort through a lot of stuff in my life. I hugged her when I left and thanked her for her part in my happiness. I'll miss her as a friend and as a professional therapist.

When we dropped Gus off at Young Regis's house the other day, my husband spotted this flashlight hanging by their door. Regis loves flashlights. Put flashlight in the blog search bar and see what you get. It's a long-standing obsession for him which he compares to my shoes and boots but I said you can only use one flashlight at a time.

So, he had to order this flashlight. I knew he wouldn't be able to resist it.

Rayovac SE4W3C Sportsman Xtreme 3C 4-Watt LED Metal Flashlight


This was his collection in 2007.


I'm going to ask him to photograph the current collection today. (He claims that none of these flashlights in the photo are currently in use.) If any of the other Fritsch men are reading this, here's the challenge. Take a picture of your flashlight collection and email it to me. I'll post them here. It's a flashlight-off!


We watched the episodes of Cheers last night where Woody and Kelly get married. It's about twenty years old but we laughed until we cried, just like we did the first time we watched it. Carla going up and down in that dumb waiter is about the funniest thing ever.

We have a group of thirty people, in the age range of 65-70 coming into the coffee shop today. Of course, the twenty-somethings I work with are ready to get out the wheel chairs and walkers. Ah, to be young and think that everyone older than you is old. I don't think anyone is old anymore.


Going the Pulse this morning, then to work. Hope those old people can make it in the door. Hahaha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff