the party what started out as jumpin' around

I had a dream that I wrote a book called The Party What Started Out as Jumpin' Around. I wrote about it here. It occurred to me that it would have been a good theme for the birthday party or at least for a blog post. Ah, well.

I had a dream the other night that someone built me a wooden cart with an umbrella. It looked a little bit like this in the dream. Not as fancy.


More like this. With an umbrella. I don't remember being dressed as a rag picker from Charles Dickens' time but that would be appropriate.


I pushed it up and down Minnesota Avenue filled with scones and muffins and a airpot full of coffee. I was wearing an apron. People would pull over in their cars and I would sell them coffee and treats. Yeah, my subconscious has a great imagination.

I have been hunkered down most of the day writing my social media. After about four hours of that, a guy could get a little bit irreverent. I learned at my seminar that Twitter is like a Chamber cocktail party where everyone has had a few glasses of wine. I can relate. There is so much to learn...it makes my head swim.

Last week, I met with a young fellow about a new thing called SpotOn. Their website says SpotOn is a simple rewards program and social media platform that lets you connect with customers long after they have left your store. I listened to him for about a half hour, working really hard to hang on to the threads of meaning. I finally said he had to stop so I could let this roll around in my head and get into the right slots. It's not that hard, but you know how it is, right?

I think I will adjourn this party to the patio for now. I have had quite enough of computer screens for the afternoon. Carry on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff