ah, yes...the sleeping part of the day

I have had trouble sleeping for twenty years. I was always able to fall asleep easily but I would wake up about four hours later and be unable go back to sleep until about 5 at which point it's almost time to wake up. It's a bitch.

It's gotten worse in the last year because I seem to have lost my champion napper status and also have some trouble getting to sleep at night.


Champion Napper

I have a new plan that includes more exercise, new age music instead of reading on the Kindle when I wake up in the middle of the night, and waking up early. Since I retired, I have been under the illusion that I should sleep until 7 o'clock. I don't think that's going to happen.

I've been writing lots of plans lately. Must be a hangover from my special ed teacher days. IEPs, you know.

So, here I am at 5 a.m. I slept well, managed to get back to sleep once or twice with the music and I feel pretty good. Ta da!

I went to yoga yesterday at 5:30. I had forgotten how bloody hard yoga is. For an exercise that looks so gentle, it can kick a guy's ass seriously. It's the forward fold, one-legged down dog, one legged plank, crocodile, and up dog that kills me. Oh, yeah...and tree pose. I had to take a break in the middle or I was going to pass out or die. It's like the high hurdles in the Olympics; not as easy as it looks.

I don't know if I have discussed my idea here before but here it is again. I think the Olympic committee ought to consider having an ordinary person performing all the feats of prowess alongside the super athletes. It would give perspective. If I were performing, say, the long jump, you would realize quickly that the other guy has been practicing. I think it's worth considering.

I checked the weather channel when I woke up. Seems like we got about an inch of rain during the night and the high today will be 78 degrees. Nice after yesterday. I wonder why the weather channel website needs a social tab. I didn't go there...just in case. There is way more information there than I need. I am relieved to know, however, that the chance of snow for today is 0%.


I bathed Gus yesterday which is almost the same as getting a bath yourself. He is very good and jumps right in the tub when you tell him to and he stands very still but he's a big dog. Regis wrote the sweetest letter to the family who raised Gus yesterday, thanking them for our wonderful pet. Gus is a good dog and he has the best disposition of any dog I have known. See Blasts from the Past in the right column. Several are Bert-related. Bert was the source of much good writing material even if he was an ornery little cuss.

My coffee cup is empty so I think I will wander back to the kitchen and make a fresh pot. Happy Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff