boardwalk: not for the faint of heart

I never travel but I have been to New Jersey and seen the famous Boardwalk. It's a lot like the Minnesota State Fair only spread out over many miles along a...well, a boardwalk. In the height of the summer season, it is an ocean of people right next to the real ocean which also scares me. I know about under-tows. I did dabble one foot in when I was there but I had no interest in going any further. I'm pretty sure there are sharks in there, too.


In a fit of nostalgia for his youth, Regis decided we should have a Boardwalk party. Most of the guests will be native Midwesterners who have no idea what this is but fair food is fair food no matter where you go. The menu includes: Italian sausage sandwiches with grilled peppers and onions, soft pretzels, sno cones, pizza, and salt water taffy. No nutrition there, my friends!

We're also making zepoles which look a lot like donut holes to me and I think it would be easier to go the gas station and buy some of those tiny powdered sugar donuts that come in a box.


Zeppoles (mini-donuts, right?)


Regis and I think often that the person who does this cartoon must be spying on us.

When I go to the Pulse, I often do walking lunges with weights. Regis pokes fun at me and says I look like the Minister of Silly Walks. It's a reference to Monty Python which many people are probably too young to remember. (I mentioned Bob Dylan at work one day and one of the young fellows said, "He's really famous, isn't he?") So, here is the Minister of Silly Walks, in case you aren't familiar.


Better get moving. Need to do some silly walking before I go to my job for a couple hours this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff