where did summer go?

Aside from the temperatures, which are decidedly summer-like, it's September already. We feel like the summer flew by us and Regis is somewhat interested in a do-over. I'm not sure he'd like doing the surgery and post-surgery again, but whatever. That won't work anyway. We have to take what comes.


Regis took Gus to the backyard last night and when he came in, he said "Get in the car!" I jumped out of my chair, thinking off all the bad things he might have discovered in the moonlit yard...zombies, a flash fire, a rabid skunk.

No, it was the moon light that captivated him. It was the blue moon, the second full moon in a month and he wanted to get some pictures of it so we jumped in the car and drove to the highest point in town, First Lutheran's parking lot.

I woke up at 5 and walked outside to see the moon again. It was clearer than it had been last night but I didn't think my photographer would be interested in waking up just then.

The blue moon is not really blue; it's a Photoshop trick. Never trust a photograph anymore.


We took Gus to the dog park about 6 o'clock last night. It was like a family reunion there...lots of people and lots of dogs. One cranky one named Bernie made me nervous because he liked to wrestle, frequently right around my legs. At one point I let out a small shriek and put my legs up on the bench. All the dog people looked at me with disdain, as you can imagine, because they think their dogs are small saints in furry suits. Even though, I might add, they are licking their private parts, taking dumps in plain sight, peeing on anything vertical, or attempting to hump each other. Gus chased a hundred balls, got very dirty and slobbered all over my skirt. In his perception, it was a successful outing.

My POD is to finish my coffee and go for a bike ride. Regis will take Gus back to the park before his weekend bath which entails Gus and me getting into the tub. He's good about it but it's like bathing a pony in your bathtub.

Tomorrow is our boardwalk party so I need to review my agenda and do some preparation today. I think I'll make a list and ask everyone to sign up for one food item. It will be like the fair, everyone gets a booth and the little kids get a handful of nickels. Hahaha!

I just had the obscene notion to make party hats and I actually did a google search for party hat templates before I checked my sanity and stopped myself. I saw the list of supplies including glue, staple gun, crepe paper, and ribbon. What the hell. There will be no party hats tomorrow, so Young Regis, if you are disappointed, you will have to bring your own. A plaid Elmer Fudd hat would be nice.

Off we go. Into the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff