visiting mom

I made an uncharacteristically spontaneous trip to Canby this week. Cousin Deb from Arizona was driving out to Canby from Minneapolis and wanted me to come along. I can always think of reasons why I can't do it, but the truth is that I am not good at surprises and need some time to think about it.

As it turned out, Deb motored down here from Minneapolis to fetch me. We had a wonderful road trip through many small towns in southern MN, having lunch in Wabasso, and having fun with Mom.

Deb and I covered a lot of conversational ground in the car...probably things we had talked about in the past but forgotten. Old boyfriends, old apartments, old friends, parties from the distant past...hey, there's a pattern here!

Mom hates to have her picture taken so I apologize in advance for posting these. She thinks she looks old but I hope I look so good and have as much fun as she does when I'm 82. What the hell, right?


Deb and Shirley


Teresa and Shirley


The Big Wabasso Bunny and Teresa

Deb and I managed, with no mechanical skill but a lot of persistence, to fix Mom's keyless garage door entry pad. We jumped around like we'd won a gold medal when the damn thing finally went up. Ta da!

We intended to go out to eat but we had a glass of afternoon wine and eventually decided to just get a pizza and stay home talking smart which was just as much fun and maybe more fun.

The Nicollet County Fair started yesterday so we went to sleep with the window open because it was cool and were lulled to sleep by the sounds of the lawn tractor pull. Not nearly as loud as the official tractor pull which happens tonight. Windows may be closed for that event.

Back to work today.

Comments

grandma Saum said…
I said I look old and fat. Not a good combination. It was so much fun to have you come see me.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff