human dynamo

You know all those things on my list yesterday? I got them all done except for the lawn mowing, plus a few things I hadn't planned to do but did. Of course, I put them on the list just so I could cross them off.

Probably my best feat of the day was cleaning out the back porch. I've been looking at that crap for months and seemed (?) unable to do anything about it. Suddenly, it seemed like the thing to do.

Our back porch AKA a three-season room is almost unusable. It's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. The only times it is pleasant is about three warm days in the spring and three cool days in the fall. So, being a room that is only passed through to go outside, it tends to collect stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...vacuum cleaner, tubs full of Gus's tennis balls, the blow-up bed, coolers, boxes of books, extra dog food. Ugh.

I threw a lot of stuff in the garbage, carried a few things to the basement (the other bane of my existence) but managed to clean out four baskets and two tubs.

One thing I have learned about myself is to be very cautious about buying tools of organization like plastic tubs and baskets. They're just a huge invitation to accumulate more junk.

Well, for now, I'm on a mission.

Not quite the Mars Rover mission, but a mission just the same.


Comments

Jill said…
No wonder i collect so much junk...i have too many tubs and containers!
Jill said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff