when tuesday feels like it lasts all day and it's only morning

I've been awake since 4 a.m.

I read my book for a while, Bring Up the Bodies, but frankly it's depressing. It's about Thomas Cromwell and Henry VIII and except for the beheadings and the burnings at the stake, it's about the same as today. Rich people want to keep their money and they don't care much about poor people. Fifteen hundred years and our values still suck.

I can't get going today. I have been sitting here for hours reading old blog posts. I went way back to the beginning, October 2006...then skipped to 2008. It's very entertaining because not only was I funnier then but I was able to read about books I enjoyed but had forgotten. No apologies for my trip down memory lane.

Regis took Gus to the opening of the dog park in St. Peter. For months, they have been making the almost daily trip to Mankato's dog park so this has been eagerly awaited. So eagerly awaited that sometimes Philly Dad came out.

It's Julia Child's 100th birthday today...or I guess it's more like the anniversary of her birth since she is no longer living. She was a hoot. Here's a great little video of clips of her, remixed.



Ok, I'm going to step away from the electronic cocaine and do something constructive. At least I mean to do that. If I write another blog post before noon, send someone to konk me on the head.

Comments

Jill said…
Love the Julia Child video. What an amazing woman she was!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff