smurfs play football


Regis performed a wedding in Mankato yesterday afternoon. We were so dehydrated by the warm wind and I was traumatized by a bee sting so we stopped at Pappageorge, one of our very favorite places to have a cold beer and a bite to eat.

One of the reasons I like to go there is that it's fairly easy to avoid a television, of which they have only two. Yesterday, we were the only patrons in attendance and I wasn't thinking so we sat within eye-shot of a football game. I don't know what this team is called, but seriously, the field is bright blue, their helmets are bright blue, and their uniforms are bright blue. Is this an attempt to be camouflaged? Most of the time it looked like only one team on the field. Whose idea was this?

I know that isn't real grass, but shouldn't it be green?


This is Regis waiting for the wedding party to come down the hill. He got to stand in this cool little arbor thing made by the groom. The wedding had an Iowa Hawkeye theme in honor of Grandpa's 75th birthday, hence the Hawkeye at the top and the black and gold colors. It was a very sweet wedding and Regis did a great job. He looked so handsome and I was very proud of him.

I also attended St. Peter Day at Gustavus for a while before the wedding. I had planned on this for a while but somehow it had escaped my conscious mind that the event was taking place a football game. It was probably the first one I have attended in 30 years.

I would say that I had my fill of football yesterday. Small and innocuous bites, but enough exposure for a while.

Speaking of bites, the bee sting story is as follows. I was wearing a hat because I was going to be out in the sun for the afternoon and didn't want a sunburn. In the car after the wedding, I felt this biting sting at the back of my neck, under my hat brim, and I developed a huge welt. I never did find the culprit...only the evidence.

On to Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff