chemo in pictures

I didn't have much gumption yesterday. I tried turning on the television but I forgot to watch it and turned it off again. I did some knitting and some visiting but mostly what I did was sit in my big chemo chair and take pictures to document the event. 


The control on my big chair. I can have a heated massage!


Television remote control...and my hat.


I'm usually cold when I get there so I wear boots and I ask for a heated blanket.


The little door there is how my chemicals come from the pharmacy. It's a big suction device like they have at banks. Wooshhhh...and there they are.


What the chemicals look like on the IV pole.


Almost done with Peter's scarf.


At some point during this mess, I get a hot flash and have to strip my boots, my hat and scarf, and lose the blanket.


Where Regis sits to keep me company.


Here I am with the bear Tom got me for my birthday this year. I like to take comfort things.


See how bad my eyes look?


Regis told me to make sure I had my eyes open.


Almost done. I'm more comfortable with my head now. I even bared it at the restaurant when we went out for lunch.


Done with third treatment!


When we got home, these lovely shoes were in the mail. Regis ordered them for me as a surprise. A friend of mine asked if they were hard to walk in and I said these are not walking around shoes. These are shoes for sitting in a chair and looking elegant.


My friend, Caroline in Boston, made snow angels on the beach for me.


Hurray for Caroline!

I had a pod mate named Arlene. She is 91 years old and told me about learning to drive the horses on the farm and what a treat it was to finally get a tractor. She is the head of the prayer chain at her church and said they will pray for me. I thought that was sweet. Arlene will be in two weeks from now for her transfusion so we said we would look for each other.

All in all, a good day. Thanks for all the encouraging words and prayers.

Comments

Caroline said…
Someone made lots of money designing chemo chairs. But they are comfy. Thanks for using my pictures!
Amanda said…
teresa, you must be the most fashionable patient there! we have a picture to send you. i have a hickory tech address for you still. is that current?
Teresa Saum said…
Amanda, My email address is tsaum1031@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff