awake early on saturday

But then, most days feel like Saturday. After a week of sleeping great, I had a sleepless night. Just goes to show you can't take it for granted.




Ella and Alex came over last night for dinner while their parents enjoyed a meal alone. Regis found a recipe for Spaghetti Monsters where the kids push spaghetti noodles through wieners. You cook them as long as the spaghetti should cook and this is how they come out. They were a big hit.

It was a low key week. Gus got his hair cut, we bought groceries, we watched a couple movies. I made the Easter menu and a list of things to do. We went out for pizza one night. Patrick's has the best pizza in town right now, in my humble opinion. The crust is crisp but not too crisp and our Italian sausage and banana pepper pizza was delicious.

I got a great care package in the mail on Thursday from my niece and her daughters, Darby and Evynne in Ohio. It was one of the days when I was tired and discouraged so it was a wonderful treat. In the package: chocolate covered cookies, chocolates to pair with wine, inspirational stickers, a book about dog parties, a little handmade clay bowl, and the most wonderful handmade cards. What fun to find that on my front step!

Gus went to the Paw (pet resort) yesterday morning while I had my 8th taxol treatment. We were Barney and we bought jelly beans Note added later: I have no idea what the last sentence means. We were Barney? Regis and I are purists about jelly beans. We only like the Brachs classic jelly beans, not all those weird flavored ones they make now. We're going to put jelly beans in my dad's Jelly Belly machine for Easter. The kids get a kick out of putting pennies in and getting a few jelly beans in their hands.
I finished another Ian Rankin book last night. I read three of them this week and I'm getting the plots and characters mixed up so I think I need a break. I started another book in the middle of the night but now I can't remember what it was.

My taxol treatment went fine as most of them do. Well, all of them have been fine so far. Not even any exciting medical moments to report...no rash, no nausea, no vomiting, no tingling in my toes or fingers. I'm always a little tired when I get home but can't sleep. I think it's the competing forces of benedryl and decadron, a steroid.

Regis is sleeping late. He had a restless night, too, and came out to sit in the chair at some point. Gus always accompanies him to the living room when he does that. If I come to the living room to sleep, Gus comes out to make sure I'm there, then he goes back to bed. I don't score quite as high as Regis does in the dog favorites department.

We're having Tom down for ribs tomorrow night as Betty is out of town. Regis says he'll make pretzel buns again.

I'm having trouble with my phone. The problem is that I don't always feel like answering it so I don't, then I have a back-log of calls to return. I don't know why I leave it on silent so much, maybe it's part of my reclusive syndrome. There is no room on my pie graph for answering the phone.

We have this discussion with our grandchildren often. They like to come over and have Regis put in a movie. That's fine. But about five minutes into it, they walk away and don't watch so we shut it off. They protest. We only want the tv on if someone is watching it. We don't like background noise and they do.

My plan for the day is to go downtown to the bank, go to the PO to mail a couple packages, have coffee with a friend, and that's pretty much it. I have a pile of paper in the office that needs attending to (some of it requires phone calls...) but I keep putting that off. Today could be the day. We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff