a rune tattoo

These are the runes I would like to have tattooed on my wrist. Just the symbol...not the stone.


And maybe one of these. Just the leaf...not the whole shebang.


And I am thinking of putting it on my right wrist...just at the top of my hand. Like this.


I have enlisted the assistance and advice of an artist I know and I have asked many friends who have tattoos. I don't want something that looks like I did it myself in prison. Something subtle and tasteful.

If you are reading this and have advice, I would be interested in hearing it as long as it isn't don't do it. I have heard the arguments about sagging old lady tattoos and I don't care about that. At this point in my life, I want a visible symbol of my journey.

At one time I had a vision of a tattoo of a naked man riding a dragon. I'm not sure where that came from but I'm glad it drifted out of my consciousness.

I have a quiet day planned. We're going to drink coffee, exercise, drink coffee, have lunch, do some writing, read and take a nap, maybe suck some leaves, and make pork chops for dinner. Sounds like a blissful day, no?

Comments

Jill said…
I have no advice about tattoos, Teresa, but you know the story of how we discovered Charlie's tattoo and what Larry did to tease him (It involved a permanent black marker and a pretend tattoo in a location he doesn't normally let people see.) I'd say get what you want so that it is meaningful to you, and if you happen to end up in prison some day, the other inmates will be in awe of your artwork.
Jill said…
PS I meant to say one more thing... I remember that lovely story by Elizabeth McCracken about the young woman who married a tattoo artist who used her body as a canvas for his art. You introduced me to McCracken's short stories in "Here's Your Hat, What's Your Hurry?" I need to get another copy of that book, as mine is long gone. I love her writing.
Marie said…
I've never seen a "sagging" wrist ... let it happen!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff