celebration at the end of the week


Ehwaz. A rune of transition and movement. There is about this rune a sense of gradual development and steady progress, with the accompanying notion of slow growth through numerous shifts and changes. A relationship also needs to undergo changes and transformation if it is to maintain growth and life. I have progressed far enough to feel a measure of safety, of surety in my position. It is time to turn again and face the future.


I went to Mankato with Regis late yesterday afternoon. As I sat in the car, I noticed, on the rooftop of a parking ramp, three people with cameras. I got out to see what they were taking pictures of and there was the most glorious sunset. I took this picture with my phone so it doesn't do it justice.


Here's a better one, taken by Ben Leonard at the Nicollet County Historical Society. Unbelievable color...like the sky was on fire. I've been lucky to see several sunsets this week. If you ever want to get a sense of your place in the universe, watch the sun set. It's very humbling.


Regis and I decided to go to Pappageorge for dinner after his appointment. Seared tuna was the special with red pepper sauce and black bean and mango salsa. A feast for the senses.

Yesterday as I was raking leaves and mulching them up with the blower/sucker thing, I thought how healthy and strong I feel and how grateful I am to be able to do these things. Last year, I was in my blanket fort, sleeping all day, depressed, in pain, and desperate. Such a long journey to this point.

Woody is curled up on my rune book, paws tucked underneath his little cat self, purring like mad. He likes to watch the cursor on the computer as I write. He cocks his head like he's reading what appears there.

This will be a quiet week since I wrote on the calendar: DO NOT SCHEDULE ANYTHING THIS WEEK. Of course, there are appointments and tasks that are essential (Thanksgiving shopping and exercise and friends) but non-essentials are getting the boot. 

Was there a full moon last night? I feel like I woke up once an hour. Just looked it up...not until Sunday. If the sky is clear, I think I'll ask Regis to take some pictures.

Well, off to start the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff