plans and why they suck

I made a list of things I was looking forward to in May. Several of them have already gone awry and it's only the 4th. Ah, well. I'm reading a book called How to Wake Up and I am learning that most of the distress from messed up plans comes from my expectations that things will work out according to my vision. Not necessarily so, my friends. Ed Norton said it pretty well:
When the tides of life turn against you
And the current upsets your boat,
Don't waste those tears on what might have been,
Just lay on your back and float.
I am easily distracted. I read Jill's blog, saw they were doing a kitchen remodeling project, and suddenly I am on lowes.com checking out kitchen cabinets. Regis is nervous but he doesn't need to be. I have had paint for the bathroom for so long I can't remember where it is. It seems like we did all this work in our house recently but it was after the tornado...that was 16 years ago. 

I have gone paperless in the recipe department. I have tossed away my giant recipe piles and have most of my favorites loaded into plantoeeat.com. I love that app. It makes a grocery list for me...wish it would buy the stuff and cart it into the house.

Well, so far today, I have done...squat. 


Comments

Jill said…
Notice I'm not encouraging you to remodel your kitchen. It ain't fun, let me tell you, and by the time it's done, I'll be completely nuts. If the urge doesn't go away, talk to me. Ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff