that was about as cold and windblown as I have ever been


This is a gorilla run. The point is to get as many people as possible in gorilla costumes and have a 5K. I volunteered at one in Mankato but I left before it started. It was so cold and so windy. I went to the car and dug an old sweater of Regis's out of the trunk. Then I wrapped myself in Gus's blanket. This is how I wanted to look...not exactly as it turned out.



I kept asking for something to do. I stood around in the wind and cold for 90 minutes. The last thing I did was stand on a thing that was keeping the tent from blowing away. I thought shit, somebody is going to get hurt. I got a man to take a look at the spot where I was and I got the bleep out of there. Not doing that again.

I crawled into bed when I got home just to warm myself. I played a few games of Scrabble and now I have recovered. Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff