end o' the week in photos and stories


At my urging, Regis bought himself a man bag to carry his essentials, of which there are many. Wallet, glasses, keys...you know. We got quite a chuckle out of the wording on the outside of the bag. I wonder what they meant to say.

Yesterday, Betsy, on the left, picked me up at 8:30 and we went to Guenther's for breakfast. As we were almost ready to leave, in walks Edna. She joined us for a few minutes and we had a fine visit.


Betsy dropped me off here for an appointment with Dr. Anderson. The night before, I had developed what I learned are called flashes and floaters in my left eye. Of course, after diagnosing this on the internet (and getting more and more fearful every moment) I called the emergency number for my eye doc. He said it sounded like posterior vitreous detachment, a common occurrence as we age and I should be seen the next day. So here I was...eyes dilated.

Turns out, that is exactly what it was with no evidence of retinal involvement which is the big scare. I have to be checked again in a month and after that, only yearly.


Regis and I have been walking a lot up by River's Edge Hospital. There is very little traffic, nice clean sidewalks, and lots of nice grass for Gus to roll in when he gets warm. It's a little over a mile to make the big loop and sometimes we go two or three times.


After my eye appointment, Betsy dropped me off at the nail salon for a pedicure with Joanne. I forgot to get a photo there but it was so nice. We went to Pappageorge and had lunch and good conversation.


I had a 3:30 haircut appointment so I popped into the jewelry store to get my found ring checked. She said she was not a gemologist but to her it looked like pink rubies or pink sapphires. I'll hunt up a gemologist to get the final verdict.

My next stop was Mary's hair salon for a haircut and some gabbing with friends. Lola was there, then Michele came to get this cool star cut into her hair.


Today, it has threatened rain, or really rained, all day. I am tired of the gloom but at least all the roads and bridges are open for now. We get enough darkness in the winter...I want bright sunshine in the summer. We might take a walk down to the fairgrounds to see if there's any barbecue left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff