end of the cleaning binge


Storage tubs are the spawn of the devil. At least for me they are. I fill them with stuff I never use and then they disappear into the morass...never to be seen again. Or at least not to be seen for a long, long time. This is a pile of storage tubs that I cleaned out and delivered to my friend, Mary. She has a weekend home and wants them to keep mice out of her stuff. Good luck with that. I'm happy to be rid of them.

I am happy to report that I am approaching the conclusion of my cleaning and sorting binge. I'm tired to doing it and I'm tired of thinking about it. I was walking around the house with a dust rag, cleaning bookshelves at 9 o'clock last night. Then again this morning. The two big shelves we have are done. Ta da!

The mess has been localized. Instead of being spread over the whole house, it's in the dining room and on the dining table. Manageable. I will finish it up today.

Of course, there are other parts. The front closet needs a paint job and a new plan. It is big enough to hold about three coats, max. It's dark and pretty much worthless. I'm thinking about taking the door off, painting it a bright color, and installing hooks, The small hall between office, bath, and bedroom needs a paint job, a new light, and a set of knobs for the cabinets and drawers. I am sure they are original to the house...and not antique or even retro either. Just old and ugly.

The unfortunate part of this is that it kind of gets in your brain like a tiny weasel. I woke up at 4:30, thinking about things I wanted to sort and organize. Holy crap. What has gotten in to me?

Our off-spring are coming over today for dinner and a trip to Grandma's Little Acre for a hay ride and pumpkins. We went last year and it was so cold and windy...hoping for better weather today.

When I woke up this morning, Woodrow was nestled into my side with his head on my shoulder and his arm across my chest. Aww. Kitty Cat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff