once in a blue moon

We had the kids here for pizza last night. After most of them left, Elliot wanted to see the Blue Moon so we took a drive up the hill where we had a better view. Too many trees around our house. We tried to explain why it's called the Blue Moon but I'm not sure a six-year old can take that in. It was beautiful!

From Wikipedia:  A blue moon is an additional full moon that appears in a subdivision of a year: either the third of four full moons in a season, or a second full moon in a month of the common calendar.

The phrase has nothing to do with the actual color of the moon, although a literal "blue moon" (the moon appearing with a tinge of blue) may occur in certain atmospheric conditions: e.g., when there are volcanic eruptions or when exceptionally large fires leave particles in the atmosphere.

Alex and Elliot have both lost so many teeth in the last year that they are sort of comical looking. You can see they like to pose with their big, toothless smiles!



                                      

Peter and April were here and we spent some sweet moments talking about their wedding plans. I think they get a kick out of the fact that I have already started planning my wedding regalia. And considering it is quite simple, it is kind of goofy. Last weekend as I planned the pontoon party, I thought about having the groom's dinner here...then thought better of it. I would be crazy trying to have everything ready and tidy and cook besides. Think we will leave that to someone else.

We went to Mankato this morning to buy kitty litter and dog treats. Sigh. Driving is such a pain in the ass anymore. Everyone is in such a hurry and they drive so dangerously. You almost have to assume they don't see you, or even if they do, they don't intend to stop. It makes my blood pressure go sky high. Of course, the moderately aggressive driver I travel with doesn't help.

Our other purpose in going shopping was to take advantage of some deals at one of the pharmacies. I don't know why they call themselves a pharmacy when most of what they sell is other crap, but that's a rant for another day. So, we have coupons where you get points for this and points for that...but you have to buy $20 worth of this brand's products or buy one at regular price and get one half off or buy this product in combination with that product...all designed to confuse and obfuscate and make insane. And then, the town is full of crazies going to watch that football team practice.

Someone at Lone Star yesterday told me that he hadn't watched the Vikings since Fran Tarkenton left the team. Yeah, I get that. I haven't spent ten cents on anything big sports related. I think it's turned into a big ugly conglomerate of the rich and obnoxious. Haha! There's another rant.

I should maybe spend a few minutes in silence contemplating the full moon.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Tiffany's homecoming. I'm not sure I can do the math to see how many years ago...but if she turned 30 in March...it must have been 30 years ago tomorrow. I'll post some photos and write about that experience tomorrow.

Going to work soon and then to Hank and Rita, a barroom operetta. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff