the big nap

I went back to bed and slept until 12:45. I woke up once or twice to read a bit and to eat some flatbread with Hope butter. I think I am up for good now and my next goal will be to stay vertical for a couple hours. While I am not feeling energized, I am feeling a tiny bit more optimistic.

I ordered tickets to The Nutcracker Ballet for Ella and me. We did this for quite a few years when she was younger, then fell out of the habit. We'll dress fancy, see the ballet, then have an early dinner.

I'm not mentally ready to begin the next holiday yet but it will be motivation to retire the turkeys and pumpkins. The idea of dragging Rubbermaid totes up and down the stairs again is not appealing. Not yet. I opened one of the Christmas boxes a week or so ago (searching for Santa hats) and was transported by the smell of Christmas. I love Christmas lights so that will be the impetus.

I have been thinking about our Christmas movies. I have favorites and try to watch them every year. I love the different versions of A Christmas Carol and can never decide which one I like the best. 
  1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
  2. A Christmas Story (1983)
  3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
  4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)
  5. Frosty the Snowman (1969)
  6. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
  7. The Nutcracker (Baryshnikov)
  8. A Christmas Carol (1999, Patrick Stewart)
  9. A Christmas Carol (1984, George C. Scott)
  10. The Nutcracker (George Ballanchine)
  11. A Christmas Carol (1951, Alastair Sim)
  12. A Christmas Carol (1962, Mr. Magoo)
  13. A Charlie Brown Christmas
  14. A Christmas Carol (1972, Albert Finney)
  15. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)
I have dilly dallied enough this morning. I am getting up and moving away from my chair. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff