the day after

Ella likes to dress up for holidays so here she is doing her hair, in her sparkly dress, in preparation to come over and help with dinner. A girl after my own heart.


We didn't take any pictures. Well, Regis might have taken one with his phone but that's it. What the heck happened there?

I'm tired this morning and, truth be told, cranky. When Regis goes to work, I am going back to bed to read and maybe sleep some more.

I'm tired of gray skies, too. I knew, coming onto November, that it is one of our cloudiest months, but the weather gods messed with me and we had two weeks of sunshine before they slammed the door in my face. All the weather optimists out there said, oh how nice, this will make the winter seem shorter. My ass, I said. Three days of gloom and the sunshine that came before it has been forgotten. I would welcome some snow at this point.

On a happier note, I am not going shopping today. Regis bought the paper Wednesday and what a waste of money that was. Five pounds of Black Friday ads and two ounces of  news. They could be giving stuff away and I wouldn't go to the mall.

Well, here's to optimism and good cheer. See you after my nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff