coming back

I haven't written on my blog for almost two months. I have thought about why that is and there are a couple of reasons.

For a while, I got concerned about the opinions of other people about what I write. That was short-lived. Not a reason anymore.

I got in the habit of using my blog to document my daily life. That got oppressive because I felt like I had to have pictures and I had to keep up so it was current. Once you get behind, it's punishing to try and catch up. Like cleaning your house. I'm giving up on that notion. I'm going back to using my blog as a place to write my observations about my life rather than what I did today.

I quit using my the big computer in my office and started using the iPad more. I hate typing anything longer than a few sentences so I avoided my blog. What happened to five fingers on the home keys? That works so much better for me.

I've developed the game habit again...sitting in the chair playing Scrabble (some minor brain activity can be detected), Gin Rummy, and Solitaire. Not so much brain stimulation with those last two. I have to do what I did with Candy Crush and its ilk...delete.

One of the things I love about my blog is the way it provides a look back. I just read this post from December 22nd of this past year. I found my votive candle holders and thought it was safe to bring them out again since our babies were old enough for the candles to not be dangerous. Since then, we've had one new grand-baby and we've found out that two more are expected in September. So life changes, sometimes more than we can expect.

So, I'm back to writing. Might not always be earth-shattering and might not even always be interesting. But so it goes.

Comments

Caroline said…
A blog is there for you to write as you want. You shouldn't feel pressure to write and post pictures all the time. I used to post daily on my blog for more than 9 years. It fell apart for a while because I didn't feel I had much to write about. I am getting back to it but I may not write daily forever.....
Hugs. Write what you want. Congratulations on more grandbabies!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff