spring cleaning: zoloft and sunshine

After a dark winter, my mood has lifted. Thanks to a little sunshine and a little chemical help from my doctor, I am awake...finally.

One of the happy side effects of that is I am more interested in righting the ship of state, our house. I can see a pile of stuff and have some ideas about how to sort and organize and put away. For a while, that was beyond me.

So, I started the ritual of packing away winter sweaters, coats, mittens, and boots and bring up from the basement the sandals, t-shirts, skirts, and summer pajamas. A guy just can't wear fleece leopard print pajamas in July, you know.

I tend to put things on the list and then I avoid the list, or perpetually move some items to the bottom. Making copies of some family papers and sending them out seemed like such a simple thing to offer to do. Why do I keep procrastinating? Most of these jobs, once started, are not nearly as bad as they appeared.

In the last few weeks, I have cleaned out the refrigerator, taken five boxes to the thrift store, cleaned out the back porch (kind of), cleaned and filled all the spring bird feeders, and cleaned out a ton of paper from my office. I can see the floor all around my desk now!

This morning, I'm washing new curtains for the living room. The description said little of no ironing. I beg to differ. Ugh. I hate ironing curtains.

I'm going to take a break from all of this productivity and watch our baby grandson, Easton, for a while. He has gotten a little funny about folks other than his mama and he doesn't like to take a bottle so we might be in for a run. He is so much fun and it's hard to be anything but serene when you're holding a baby.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff