Very cold spring Friday morning

If I had hopes that today would be warmer, they have been dashed by a quick glance at the Weather Channel app. High of 37 degrees with continued wind but not as strong as yesterday. I think any loose detritus from Nicollet County has since blown on to Mower County. Only the really heavy stuff remains.

 I think I'll dress warmly and go for a walk down by my neighborhood pond called Hallett's Pond, allegedly the home of a pair of loons and occasional stopping off point for eagles.

I have been a complete worthless slug this week. I blame it on the weather but also on a medication change but whatever, it's left me dozing in the chair for hours and once for a whole day. I felt like I'd been pithed. I have accomplished the bare minimum but that's it. My planned Easter cookies might have to become the cookies for whatever the next holiday is. I'm good at adjusting my plans.

I'm going to take my ukulele to work today so I can practice when there isn't anyone in the gallery. I'm getting callouses on my fingers, I can switch from one chord to another fairly easily, and I know one strumming pattern. We're going to be playing Top of the World by the Carpenters, but the Shonen Knife version.

https://youtu.be/-Ba360Dz1sQ

We're playing with a band and a choir so the risk will be minimal. And I know how to ghost play.

I'm playing this for the third time and Woodrow just got up from my lap, shook himself, and marched off. He's some cat.

Happy Friday, friends.

Comments

carole said…
I love the idea of ghost playing! 😆

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff