end of summer and light


 I can't quite get the hang of blog posting after such a long time of being vegetative here. I used to write daily and now it's only occasionally. I'm determined to get back in the habit. I'm already spooked by the shortening days...I woke up at 4 this morning and instead of light creeping out from the east by 5, it's more like 6:30. It's also pitch dark by 8:30 and I cannot figure out why that surprises me every damn year.


One thing that will encourage my blog writing is my daylight thing. I sit in front of it while I write for a while every morning and it seems to help. I take Vitamin D and all of that and I try to get outside some every day. Last year I was foiled by the broken ankle. Barring any bullshit like that, this year should be better.

I read about the neurological impact of COVID this morning. There's a good article in the Washington Post, if you're inclined to read it. How long covid reshapes the brain — and how we might treat it. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be progressive or permanent. 

I start my new job as a paraprofessional at the middle school on Wednesday. I'll be working in a resource room and in a 7-8 grade English classroom. I have arranged for Regis to come by and take my first day of school picture and I have new crayons...a box of 64 with a sharpener. Funny thing...Tiffany will be working in that building, Elliot attends there, and that's where Easton goes to preschool. I'll be able to pick him up after school (11 am) some days. I'm excited!

Our granddaughter, Natalie, turns 5 today so we're attending her birthday party. Pictures will be taken! Sullivan turns five in October and for three months, all of the littles will be 5 until January when Easton turns six. Hayden is 18 and has left the nest. Ella is 16 and starting her junior year, Alex and Elliot are in 8th grade and they're 12. Zoey is 11 and in 6th grade. I have trouble with all the numbers, believe me. If this information is all accurate, it's a miracle.

That's all the news for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff