saturday evening

We met Pat and Helen and Amanda at Mazatlan to celebrate Amanda's 23rd birthday. Peter took this picture. He was uncharacteristically social and joined us...saying he wouldn't pass up a free meal but he has passed up lots of them if it meant visiting with people. He stuck around for the whole evening and even visited. It was very nice. The food was delicious, of course. Happy birthday, Amanda!

Regis dropped me at TJ Maxx for a while so I could shop. I love shopping but I hate trying things on. It works out most of the time. Ironically, Peter went shopping today, too. He was quite proud of the sweatshirt he got off the clearance rack for five bucks. Hey, Mom! We trained him well!

I'm almost done with Once a Runner so I have to go to bed soon and finish it. Don't ask me why. I just have to finish it. Erin Hart's new book is next in line. She's going to be in St. Peter on Tuesday but I don't know if I'll go see her. It depends on the weather.

Tomorrow is a day to stay at home. I might take a nap. I plan to pick up the house and do some cooking. I plan to make my grocery list, clean out the refrigerator, get my clothes in the laundry, and get organized. I guess that would be get organized in a general way although being disorganized is sort of a fact of most folks' lives. I would really prefer a kind of gypsy life with no obligations and no responsibilities but maybe I wouldn't like that if I had it.

I say if I won the lottery I would quit working. People tell me I wouldn't be happy doing that. Hmmmm. I'm not so sure.

Comments

Unknown said…
You would be perfectly happy. You and I both know that we can fill our time with all kinds of interesting things that don't require paperwork and irritating people.
Jill said…
I'm with Joanne. How many people do you know who've won the lottery, quit work, and NOT been happy? I don't know any. Well, I don't personally know anyone who won the lottery, either, but that's beside the point.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff