i love saturday

I woke up early and had a few cups of coffee in front of the fireplace. I went to the Pulse about 8 and walked/ran on the treadmill for 3 miles. I had 270 minutes of exercise this week.

I've been sitting with my laptop since I got home...Facebook, BE message board, email. Connecting you know.

Regis made me a most excellent Mexican omelet which is my new favorite food. We found a hot salsa at the coop that we both love. I'll never eat eggs without it again.

Not much for plans today. Do the dishes. Pick up stuff around the house. Write on blog. Buy wine. Make a few calls. Is that enough? It's cold and gloomy outside so that's my excuse but the truth is that I'm pretty unproductive.

I've decided to retire as of June 30th. I thought all day yesterday about what my Dad would do and I decided he would walk away. Mom confirmed that's what he would do. No two days a week. No looking back. He would walk away. I've already applied for two jobs, one to be an Enthusiastic Manager at the Halloween costume company and one to model Halloween costumes. Both positions I am uniquely qualified for since my birthday is Halloween. Take a bow, Mom.


Moving on. Metaphorically and physically. Getting up off the couch to do something constructive.

Comments

mom said…
I believe your Dad subbed one time and decided that was enough of that.
It was hard for him at first , but I told him he was making the world more beautiful by helping me plant flower gardens. He eventually liked going for coffee at the Midway and helping me garden. Never look back is the advise I would give you, Teresa. Those years are past. Love you, Mom
Joanne said…
My brain says that you made the right choice, my heart wants you to stay. I will miss you, but you need to do the right thing for yourself, not for anyone else. You don't owe anybody anything. You have given the district a great service over all these years, and you might never have been appreciated by some, but the people who you worked with over the years think you are the best- especially me!!
Jill said…
Amen to your mom and Joanne. I have another idea for your post-retirement new job. How about DESIGNING Halloween costumes? I can see "High School Administrator Named Chad" as your first creation. Not funny? I didn't think so...

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff